Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day one

View off the front porch.


I am starting to post from our great trip. I decided to break it up. This post will be on our first days in Grenada. We arrived in Grenada on Wednesday the 11th at 9:30pm. When I walked of the plane on to the runway. I said "I don't thing I will need my coat anymore." A man working for the airplane looked at me like I was a weird tourist and sad yes it is warm here.. It was the first time any of us had been thru customs. It was an interesting experience. By the time we got done we all had a stamp in our nice new passport books and were hoping Justin was still outside waiting for us (since we were about the last ones of the plane thus the last in a long line to go thru customs.) Luckily Justin was standing out there waiting for us. We were so glad since we didn't even know the name of the town they lived in. Then we overflowed the car with our luggage and all of us. We dragged bottom on a few speedbumps on the way to the apartment. It was great to see Ashlee and Rylee. Thursday morning we had a relaxing morning sitting on the front porch enjoying the warmth and admiring all the green hills. We even ate the pancakes Ashlee made for us out there. Then it was off to Mt. Carmel. We got to drive thru some of the country and have a new driving experience. They drive on the left side of the road. There roads are windy, steep and narrow. Then there are people just standing on the side of the road hanging out. It made me think where is the parade. Mt Carmel is a beautiful set of waterfalls. It was a very short easy hike up to them. Then it was was lush greenery everywhere around. It made me thing of what I picture a rain forest to look like. We walked around the rocks. We even swam in the water that was such a nice temperature. When we were done at the falls it was off to the La Sagesse beach. We spread our beach towels out on the sand and ate our picnic lunch. Then it was time for laying in the sun and playing in the waves.



After a great afternoon we headed back to get ready for dinner. We headed out to Bananas one of Justin and Ashlee's favorite restaurant. They told us they have american like hamburgers. We all got one along with some great potato wedges. I have to say it was a great hamburger.Then it was back to sit on the porch for a relaxing evening.




1 comments:

Dustin and Shelli Chambers said...

So, you are a lot smarter than me. I just did this MONSTER post of the whole trip and now I have carpal tunnel and want to go back! Bad!