Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Home

This is the cute picture I took of Jace before we left on our trip. I kept it on my camera and would look at it often during our trip and think of how handsome he is.

We got home on Sunday afternoon. We had a great time, but it was so great to get home. As we flew in to Salt Lake City and saw the snow capped mountains Daniel got a smile on his face. When I asked him why he was smiling he just said it is great to be home. When we walked into my mom and dad's house and saw Jace I was on the verge of tears. I didn't think I would have the hard time I did being gone from him. He seemed so much older and smarter than when we left him 12 days earlier. It really felt like we were home when he gave me one of his great kisses and hugs and told me he loved me. He was glad we were home, but was even happier to get his presents. The mattresses in Grenada and Dominican Republic was nothing like my pillow top at home. Me and Daniel were tired and so excited to sleep in our bed we went to bed about 8:00. It was so great to sleep at home knowing Jace was asleep in the next room. I want to thank everyone who took care of Jace while we were gone. I know he was well taken care of and loved while I was gone.

This is the hat we brought back from Grenada. The colors for Grenada are red, yellow, and green.

2 comments:

Justin & Ashlee said...

Glad you guys made it home okay. I love Jace's hat on him! He is so cute. I know what you mean by the matress thing. We feel like king and queen in our bed at home. There sure is nothing like home!

Dustin and Shelli Chambers said...

JAce's hat is sooo cute, I wish I could've found one for Hudson. It's so nice to be home! How much do you think the airlines would charge us to take our mattresses with us? That is the only thing I would change! Our bed felt like heaven, as well!